This Statement describes the way that Irish Medical Technologies and Services Limited collects, holds and discloses information about individuals and information received via the www.healthcarbookings.com website (“the Site”) in connection with a client matter ("Data"). Please read the following carefully to understand our use of Data. We may vary this statement from time to time. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Protecting confidential information is fundamental to our business. All Data received is subject to strict duties of confidentiality. We will not disclose that Data except in accordance with our professional obligations, as authorised by a Customer or Consultant or as contemplated by this statement.
Separate guidelines also apply to information held in relation to our own employees.
What kinds of information do we hold?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information from and about its users in three ways. This information is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our Site. This information may be used to help us to improve our Site and the types and standard of the services that we offer.
We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- your name, address and contact information
- the name, address and contact information of your General Practitioner
- if you make a booking with a Consultant though the Site we may keep a record of that booking and details of your appointments with any and all Consultants
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access
- information about people's dealings with us or our Customers and/or Consultants
While you will be required to submit your Credit Card details to us in order to confirm your booking, we do not store your Credit Card details, but rather pass them directly to the relevant bank via a secure payment gateway.
If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to provide the Service.
The three ways by which we call collect information are as follows:
1. Web Server Logs
When you visit the Site, the Company may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the Site.
- The location from which you accessed the Site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to the Site from.
- Pages you viewed on the Site.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
The Company reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into the Site another site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on the Site.
3. Personal Information collected directly from Users
Visitors to the Site can register to use the Service. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, General Practitioner details and/or other relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you.
Use of Web Beacons or GIF files
The Site may contain electronic images known as Web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel gifs – that allow the Company to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. The Company may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these Web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These Web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. The Company prohibits Web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including:
- to provide the Service to you
- to provide the information to the applicable Consultant with whom you have made an appointment through the Site
- to manage and account for the Service and to improve the Service
- to manage our relationship with you
- to facilitate our internal business operations (including training purposes), including to fulfill our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- subject to our professional obligations, to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with the provision the Service, such as to the Consultant, regulatory authorities, or other partners or advisors.
- within IMTS Limited
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, for example photocopy and archive services providers and financial institutions
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations
- with your consent.
- to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your Data. If you wish to stop the use of your Data for those purposes at any time please contact us (see "Contact Us" details elsewhere on the Site).
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IMTS Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All partners and staff with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and it may involve the transfer of Data to countries located outside of the European Economic Area. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Links to other Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and statements for which we do not and cannot accept any responsibility or liability. Please check those policies and statements before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Access and correction
You may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request.